Once again the holiday competitions are back right after the big exams! And to many of you(or your kids, I’ll use you & your kid interchangeably from now on) who are not in tip-top shape, you’ll be wondering should you even join this competition.
So I’d like to shed some light on what are some of the common concerns & fears people have about competing in a national tournament. (And why you really should take part!)
> Common Concerns
> Key Information for Pilot Pen
> Key Information for Alpha Age Group
> Key Information for Rich Badminton Challenge
Common Concerns (And the problems with them)
They don’t stand a fighting chance
Yes, that may be true in some cases, but winning 1 national competition doesn’t make you all special either. In my opinion, I feel that the process is just as important than the outcome because, if you get the process right, the results will come. And even if you don’t win, the habits and traits learnt are applicable to other areas of our lives too.
If you stand to learn any skill, strategy, attitude, passion by competing and while so, give yourself a compelling reason to watch and analyze your competitors to beat them, it’s worth competing.
#PRO TIP 1: You’ll get to meet some really great players/coaches and you can ask for a tip or two in developing your game(or your child’s)!
National Championships are really expensive! Yes, I know and can totally empathize with that. With the high fee comes the biggest prestige, the best teams, players & coaches so would it make sense then?
I’d say it’s worth the experience if you haven’t done so already because playing in front of your class versus a 1,000 or 10,000 people crowd feels Very different!
#PRO TIP 2: Schools and sports academies usually send their players for this competition, and if you ask, you may get sponsored for the registration fees and get to compete for free! (Plus a free T-shirt too!)
Sometimes the holidays are just meant for parents to de-stress and unwind (Parent’s get really stressed up over exams too!) and now we have to send them for this competition instead of going for a nice vacation?
Who’s going to send them there and pick them up? Moreover, the competition schedules are so unpredictable and clash with my work?
Fortunately, most coaches and schools send a team of players to compete, and with that being said, you can arrange for your kids to travel (or even stay over) together with his best friend to compete, it’ll feel like an overseas competition trip that’ll be both fun & exciting for your child and we’ll be able to unwind for a little while too!
In a Nutshell
Healthy competition is good for kids (and everyone), it opens up the mind to see what’s going on beyond the school badminton hall and although it can be inconvenient, the benefits from the experience would outweigh the cost, but do think it through everybody’s situation is different!
So here is some key information on the upcoming competitions
Pilot Pen Championships 2016 (National Championship)
HOW TO REGISTER?
- To view the full details of the tournament, download the Tournament Prospectus here: Pilot Pen Championships 2016 PROSPECTUS (90 downloads)
- If you are registering on your own, please download and fill in this Registration Form here: Pilot Pen Championships 2016 Registration Form (IND) (45 downloads)
- If you are registering on behalf of your school / club, please download and fill in this Registration Form here: Pilot Pen Championships 2016 Registration Form (GRP) (21 downloads)
- Please mail the completed Registration Form, together with the cheque payment for your entries, to World-Champ Distributor, located at Blk 848 Sims Ave #01-720 Singapore 400848
Things to note:
- Your entry will only be processed* upon receipt of your entry form and payment, and you will receive an SMS confirmation from us within 5 working days.
- Submission of form and payment in person at the above-mentioned address will be accepted.
- For enquiries, we expect our hotline to be busy during this period of time. Alternatively, please email us email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page (fb.com/victorsport.sg) and we will get back to you within a working day.
*We typically experience a surge in registrations closer to the end of the eligible period. Please be informed that all entries will be processed on a first-come-first-served basis and registration for specific categories will end once the maximum of 64 entries has been reached. To avoid disappointment, we encourage you to register early to ensure a place in the category that you are competing in.
GOODIE BAG COLLECTION
** Each participant is entitled to ONE goodie bag per entry
Date and Time: 4 – 5 June 2016 (Sat – Sun) from 12 – 5pm
Location: VICTOR Flagship Store located at Blk 848 Sims Ave #01-720 Singapore 400848
- Please kindly note that collection of goodie bags outside this window period will not be entertained.
- There will be no collection at the tournament venue. Goodie bags which have not been collected will be forfeited.
Alpha Academy Age Group
Date: 20 – 26 June 2016
Location: United World College Dover Campus,
1207 Dover Road Singapore 139654
Boys’ & Girls’ Singles 10&U, 12&U, 14&U, 17&U and 19&U
Boys’ & Girls’ Doubles 10&U, 12&U, 14&U, 17&U and 19&U
Registration Fees: Please refer to the table below
Closing Date: 13 June 2016
Prospectus / Rules & Regulations:
http://bit.ly/1IpbRkM (Bulk Signup)
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org. See you all there!
RICH Badminton Challenge
Double Smashers Championship
Do share with me how did you fare for this competition and any other competitions that you’ve come across alright? I wish you the best of luck in winning, and let the games begin!